KippsDeSanto & Co. advises Zenetex, LLC on its sale to Vectrus, Inc.
KippsDeSanto & Co. is pleased to announce the sale of its client, Zenetex, LLC (“Zenetex” or the “Company”), to Vectrus, Inc. (“Vectrus”) (NYSE: VEC).
Headquartered in Herndon, VA, Zenetex provides mission-focused lifecycle military aviation and advanced engineering and information technology (“IT”) solutions for military and national security clients.
Zenetex primarily supports Naval Air Systems Command (“NAVAIR”), various other U.S. Department of Defense (“DoD”) and Intelligence Community (“IC”) customers, and various foreign militaries, with embedded positions on enduring programs of record and various classified defense programs. The Company has extensive expertise spanning integrated logistics, advanced engineering, IT, research, development, test, and evaluation (“RDT&E”), security services, and full-spectrum maintenance, repair & overhaul (“MRO”) services. Since 2008, Zenetex has grown to ~2,000 employees with more than $200 million in annual revenue and $700 million of contracted backlog.
The Zenetex acquisition is expected to accelerate Vectrus’ converged infrastructure strategy through the addition of critical new capabilities, including high-end integrated logistics and MRO support services. The transaction will also broaden Vectrus’ presence within NAVAIR and the IC and add new Foreign Military Sales customers.
We believe this transaction demonstrates several key trends in the government services mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) market:
- Strategic buyers are using M&A to accelerate organic growth strategies and add new capabilities and customers
- Buyers continue to value prime, F&O contracts and backlog, along with infrastructure maturity and rapid growth
- Despite the economic volatility created due to the COVID-19 pandemic, M&A demand remains strong for well-positioned companies
About KippsDeSanto & Co.
KippsDeSanto & Co. is an investment banking firm focused on serving growth-oriented Aerospace / Defense, Government Services and Technology companies. We are focused on delivering exceptional M&A and Financing transaction results to our clients via leveraging our scale, creativity and industry experience. We help market leaders realize their full strategic value. Having advised on over 100 industry transactions, KippsDeSanto is recognized for our analytical rigor, market insight, and broad industry relationships. There’s no substitute for experience. For more information, visit www.kippsdesanto.com.
Investment Banking products and services are offered through KippsDeSanto & Co., a non-bank subsidiary of Capital One, N.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Capital One Financial Corporation, and a member of FINRA and SIPC. Products and services are Not FDIC insured, Not Bank Guaranteed, May Lose Value, Not a Deposit, and Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency.
Vectrus to Acquire Zenetex, Accelerating Converged Infrastructure Strategy and Further Expanding Intelligence and Foreign Military Client Portfolio
- Secures Vectrus as a leader in the converged infrastructure market by expanding integrated capabilities in Logistics and Supply Chain, Security, Advanced Engineering, IT, and International Readiness Solutions
- Expands Vectrus content at client installations, facilities, and bases with the addition of mission-critical support services for vital defense aviation programs
- Broadens reach into the Intelligence Community and adds new Foreign Military Sales clients
- Increases backlog by more than $700 million and provides a foundation for continued growth
- Expected to be accretive to 2021 Adjusted Diluted EPS and Adjusted EBITDA margin
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., Dec. 28, 2020 – Vectrus, Inc. (NYSE: VEC) announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Zenetex, a leading provider of technical and strategic solutions focused on enabling mission readiness, performance, and enhanced protection for defense and national security clients globally. The acquisition adds critical new capabilities which will accelerate Vectrus’ converged infrastructure strategy and expands the company’s client base with new DoD, intelligence and foreign military clients. The transaction is valued at approximately $112 million, net of $11 million of expected tax benefits.
“I am excited to welcome the Zenetex employees to Vectrus,” said Chuck Prow, president and chief executive officer of Vectrus. “This important acquisition significantly enhances our capabilities across a number of high priority clients and accelerates our strategy to deliver a more integrated and comprehensive suite of solutions to our clients globally. Zenetex broadens our reach into the Intelligence Community and expands our engineering and digital technology offerings, which is critical as we expand our capabilities to help our clients’ transition to a more instrumented and converged approach to supply chain and facility management.”
Strategic Benefits and Transaction Highlights:
- Strengthens Position as Leading Fully-Integrated Provider in the Converged Infrastructure Market: Brings integrated security capabilities that provide systematic protection of physical assets, IP, and computer systems, which further builds on Vectrus’ integrated electronic security solutions that protect thousands of facilities and assets.
- Adds Higher End Integrated Logistics: Brings people, skills, knowledge, equipment, tools, and technical data to establish, execute and maintain logistics policies, processes and procedures, which builds on Vectrus’ forward-deployed operational logistics capabilities.
- Expands Operations and Maintenance Services to Increase Content and Scope at Client Installations: Provides mission-critical readiness services for legacy and next generation aircraft through full spectrum Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul services that include “backshop” operations, lab systems, and weapon subsystems, which increases Vectrus’ overall addressable market and content at client installations, facilities, and bases.
- Expands Intelligence and Federal Client Footprint: Provides unique access to highly attractive Intelligence Community clients and advances the company’s Navy campaign to include Naval Air Systems Command and Naval Supply Systems Command.
- Adds Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Clients and Expertise: The company’s FMS services supports more than 40 countries, including Qatar, Malaysia, Spain, Morocco, Kuwait, Denmark, Australia, Canada, and provides significant channels for future growth. The company’s legacy and experience related to FMS has resulted in a recent award to provide an International Readiness Operational Software Management System, a prototype to improve readiness initiatives, accelerate product delivery, and optimize the reliability of operational and aviation readiness for foreign partners abroad.
- Strong Backlog and Growth Outlook: Zenetex is at the front end of significant new business awards with over $700 million in contract backlog that provides strong revenue visibility and a foundation for continued growth.
Forward-Looking Safe Harbor Statement
“Zenetex and Vectrus make an extremely powerful combination and I couldn’t be happier with this next step in our team’s journey,” said Mark Green, chairman and chief executive officer of Zenetex. “Our culture, mission, vision, and values are strongly aligned and founded on delivering successful service in support of our clients’ critical missions. The Zenetex capabilities, client access, and high performing teams complement the existing portfolio at Vectrus and will add additional value to both company’s clients while serving new markets with the combined power of our people.”
Vectrus is a leading provider of global service solutions with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital technology services primarily to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to its clients’ mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., and includes about 7,100 employees spanning 148 locations in 26 countries and territories. In 2019, Vectrus generated sales of $1.4 billion. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.vectrus.com or connect with Vectrus on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.