KippsDeSanto & Co. advises Locana, a portfolio company of Transom Capital Group and Angeleno Group, on its sale to TRC Companies, Inc.
KippsDeSanto & Co. is pleased to announce the sale of Locana (or the “Company”), a portfolio company of Transom Capital Group and Angeleno Group, to TRC Companies, Inc., a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus and Energy Impact Partners.
Locana provides leading tech-enabled, digital transformation solutions and field mobility software specializing in geospatial and location intelligence for spatially distributed enterprises. The Company is a global leader in enterprise geospatial technologies with decades of experience supplying modern location-based solutions that help solve the world’s most pressing challenges. By taking a location-first approach to problem solving, Locana builds and implements solutions for a broad base of customers across industries, including utilities, telecommunications, commercial, federal, and technology.
With a presence in the U.S., Canada, and the UK, Locana further supports TRC’s strategy to expand its technology business across Europe. The acquisition also brings the addition of software products to the TRC portfolio. Locana developed LemurTM, an enterprise-grade mobile software solution that seamlessly delivers integrated, intuitive tools for work order management, asset management, and more.
We believe this transaction highlights several key trends in the M&A market:
- Explosion of spatial data and the rapid advancement of geospatial and location intelligence technology is driving demand for firms with the requisite expertise to integrate and leverage many innovations across both proprietary and open-source technologies;
- Tech-enabled solutions focused on in-demand enterprise applications and technology platforms like Esri and SAP continue to be highly coveted as spatially distributed enterprises modernize critical systems and migrate to the cloud;
- Significant market demand for vertical focused technology and software providers with proprietary solutions that are purpose-built to address industry / customer-specific pain points, and which represent significant recurring revenue opportunities;
- Accelerating investment, M&A activity, and strategic interest in the geospatial and utilities technology and software segment as the sector undergoes the most dramatic transformation in the past century;
- Buyers with explicit growth strategies, industry knowledge, and private equity backing continue to deploy capital to build scale and depth in high growth areas
About KippsDeSanto & Co.
KippsDeSanto & Co. is an investment banking firm focused on serving growth-oriented Aerospace / Defense, Government Services and Technology companies. We are focused on delivering exceptional M&A and Financing transaction results to our clients via leveraging our scale, creativity, and industry experience. We help market leaders realize their full strategic value. Having advised on over 200 industry transactions since 2008, KippsDeSanto is recognized for our analytical rigor, market insight, and broad industry relationships. There’s no substitute for experience. For more information, visit www.kippsdesanto.com.
Securities and investment banking products and services are offered through KippsDeSanto & Co., a non-banking subsidiary of Capital One, N.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital One Financial Corporation. KippsDeSanto is a member of FINRA and SIPC. Products or services are Not FDIC Insured, Not Bank Guaranteed, May Lose Value, Not a Deposit, and Not Insured By Any Federal Governmental Agency.